Case study: Whateley Wealth Management marketing and communications needs
Having grown from a standing start to 18 people in just over three years, WWM’s marketing was struggling to keep up. They couldn’t put their finger on why they were growing so quickly but they knew, to sustain the growth, they needed to project their excellent customer service to a wider and highly-targeted audience. They appreciated they needed to complement their recommendations from happy clients. Marketing needed to be higher up the agenda but they were too busy growing.
What we did
- Capture the Whateley Wealth Management brand: Kinetic defined the company’s ‘DNA’ which is the equivalent of this IFA’s ‘secret recipe’. What is it that made customers rate their service so highly? This was distilled down to a few words in their vision (why they’re in business), mission (what makes them different) and values (how they do things the ‘WWM way’).
- Communications plan – with measurable objectives, detailed target audience personas, messages of what they wanted people to think, feel and believe about WWM and content themes to govern communications for the next six months.
- Social media strategy – determined the platforms to be used to most effectively raise awareness and generate sales leads, hash tags, content themes.
- Social media programmes – monthly schedule of posts across several platforms complete with hashtags and web urls to drive activity to the website.
- The team was already highly engaged but now they’re focused on the vision and ‘all on the same page’.
- A plan is in place orchestrating all marketing activity to ensure trust in the brand builds over the months.
- Social media:
- All the social media platforms are consistent with the DNA
- Followings and engagement are growing
- Leads generated as a result.
Whateley Wealth Management contacted Angela at the beginning of the year to help us with our company branding and marketing needs. Angela came into our office to meet with us to get to know more about our business and what we were looking to achieve. Angela provided us with questionnaires to issue to all of our staff members in order to gain an in-depth understanding of how employees felt about Whateley Wealth Management’s services, customer service and management.
Angela and her team then ran a workshop session at our office with all the employees present. The session was focused on everyone within the business having an input to creating our company DNA, values and mission statement. The session was very well presented, interactive and enjoyable for all involved. We felt that this session really brought the image of WWM to the forefront of everyone’s mind and was great to incorporate everyone’s views and ideas rather than it just be decided at management level.
Once we had agreed on the initial framework, Angela and her team finalised by creating a presentation document which we then applied to our newly built website.
We then moved on to our marketing strategy as we realised we were not utilising social media to its full capability. Laura & I visited Kinetic’s office for a Kickstarter and MarketMe meeting with Angela & Charlotte. During this session, Angela and Charlotte extracted lots of ideas and set our demographics. They also suggested campaigns such as Christmas Gifting and set timescales so that posts will be sent in line with yearly events such as Christmas, financial year end etc. I came away from the meeting feeling very positive and excited to get our social media in a more prominent position.
Kinetic Communications service and communication has, by far, exceeded our expectations and they are always willing to go the extra mile to deliver a fantastic personalised service. Angela contacted us once our first campaign was ready to post. However, due to workloads, we were unable to take the time to manage our social media. Angela, without hesitation, offered to create and set live the posts throughout all our social media platforms to help us which was extremely appreciated and took away additional stress.
I would highly recommend Kinetic Communications to anyone who was in need of digital marketing, communications, and social media strategies and look forward to continuing our relationship with Angela and her team.
Whateley Wealth Management