- TEAL Patents business was built on several years of success in the commercial vehicle sector.
- Its coverage was mainly ‘colour separation-led’ and lacked authoritative commentary.
- TEAL also wanted to open new markets, particularly:
- Medical – including care and nursing
- Education – particularly nurseries
- Catering – particularly outside caterers eg festivals
- Using the news agenda, hard-hitting statistics and NHS guidelines, a media relations campaign targeted each sector.
- Messaging positioned TEAL as the solution to providing the NHS’ gold standard of hand hygiene even when running water and waste weren’t available.
- Seasonal news hooks eg winter onset viruses and back to school bugs.
- Legionella save the day case study and new product development in partnership with Wolverhampton NHS trust.
- Launching the TEAL Task Force service.
- Exhibition support – including media packs, surveys and sampling.
- International – three page authoritative feature in Arab Health positioning TEAL as world leaders.
- Highly targeted use of e-zines including infographics.
- TEAL’s coverage, turnover and profit continue to grow, year-on-year by opening new markets without any increase in PR costs.
- Successful first for the company – a new service was launched: TEAL Task Force.
- Writing, award-winning entries eg Insider.
- Widespread media coverage, online and in print, within heavyweight, premier, trade titles.
Mike Stanley, managing director of TEAL Patents said, “Kinetic came to us though myM-link back in December last year (2010). They guaranteed what we could expect at the end of the initial trial period and they’ve delivered. They understand not only our industry but also the industries we serve.”
Mike’s daughter in the family-run business and fellow director at TEAL Patents, Manty Stanley said, “Kinetic’s found brand new ways of promoting TEAL. Their approach is inspiring and innovative. As a result, there’s a new confidence about our business.”