Why should you use social media for business?
Social media is a serious business tool to:
- Gain insights into your potential customers’ needs, their pain points and which part(s) of your customer value proposition they value
- Raise your brand’s profile
- Build your brand’s credibility.
Social media is winning business for all sorts of sectors and brands because it’s powerfully:
- Directs traffic to your website
- Demonstrating your unique brand DNA
- Promotes engagement between you and your audience
- Provides the first step in building a relationship.
The most popular social media channels:
Each platform has unique features to do a different job.
What is social media marketing?
Social media marketing (SMM) is a form of digital marketing that involves sharing content in order to reach your marketing and communication goals. It can involve sharing text and image updates, videos and interactive posts.
Social media can help build links that support SEO efforts, as by regularly updating social media profiles, your business will appear higher in search engine results, due to Google identifying new and unique content being posted by your business.
Before embarking on your social media journey, it’s important to create a social media strategy, followed by a plan, to ensure that your efforts are targeted and have real purpose.
A good social media plan should be centred around specific goals to be achieved through SMM marketing efforts.
To identify your goals, ask yourself:
- ‘Who is our ideal, target customer?’
- ‘What do I want them to think, feel and believe about us?’
- ‘What would we love social media marketing to achieve for our business?’
Kinetic’s social media plans are centred around your business’ unique goals and vision.
What are the benefits of using social media for business?
Not only can your social media specific goals be achieved but SMM can help to reach more general marketing objectives. These benefits include:
- Generating and converting leads
- Raising brand awareness
- Increasing website traffic
- Improving communication with customers and other key audiences
- Creating and maintaining a brand identity
- Generating a positive brand association.
Social media is a great tool for businesses to utilise to help fulfil their marketing and communications goals, alongside other marketing efforts. Kinetic can help you to create an effective social media strategy and develop engaging content. Get in touch today to find out more.
What’s the right platform for you?
The right platform depends on which audience you’re trying to reach and how you’ll judge success.
Let us help you identify the most effective platforms and create a unique calendar of social media posts per month for your business.
The different ways that each platform can be utilised include:
- Facebook has a unique reviewing feature on business pages where customers rate your business – it’s very effective in building brand credibility and trustworthiness. Facebook can also be an effective tool for privately messaging customers/potential customers who have enquiries. It’s a preferred channel for customers to ask questions about your products, services and business. It’s an important tool in increasing employee engagement.
- Twitter builds credibility and brand awareness with micro-blogs. In just 280 characters, you give followers a snippet of information or signpost them by sharing a post. Most of the great opinion leaders have significant Twitter followings.
- Instagram engages with compelling pictures and videos with comments. Share your work, advice videos or testimonial videos. Instagram is great for sharing quirky and entertaining posts to portray your unique brand personality.
- LinkedIn is for professionals. It’s the perfect platform for sharing any business news or commentary on topical events. Many of us rely on LinkedIn for Slide Shares, training, lead generation and reaching those who know, like and trust us.